Wednesday, February 29, 2012

If They Only Dripped Wine

Long time, no post, my friends.  Sorry about that.  My goal is to get back into writing with a passion.  That's the idea, right?  I have that.  My goal is to make you laugh or at least smile (I'm talking to you hard asses out there). I'm trying to harness my inner Hemingway.  Not sure I really have that, but I am half-drunk, and that was his thing, so I can't go wrong. Now we have to decide on a topic.  I have little neon stickies on my desk, but nothing to stick them to.  I have a million ideas running through my stubborn little gourd but not sure what to pick as my next project.  I am focusing on forgiveness right now, so maybe I should talk about that.  I hate to get too preachy to y'all, though because I've been there. This awesomeness, this zen, this peace that I feel now didn't happen over night.  I can't tell you to blink five times and cross your eyes for 45 minutes and you will be happy.  It doesn't work like that.  Things have to "click" for you. It sounds weird or cheesy, but it's true.  You have to be ready to be happy. To laugh. To accept good.  All of that from a pad of post it stickies? They're neon and I love bright colors.  They  remind me of the hair bands I loved as a kid (not the kind that held my hair back, but Def Leppard, Motely Crue, and Poison) and I get excited.

What makes you laugh?  Look around you and see the positive that you associate with your surroundings.  If the things around you don't make you smile, throw them in the trash! Because nothing makes me smile like saying, "Fuck that!" and throwing stupid stuff in the trash can!

No comments:

Post a Comment