Thursday, December 23, 2010

And They Don't Have To Worry About Wrinkles

Okay. I admit it. I am turning 30 in two short months.  If I had attempted to talk about this even two months ago, I would have started hyperventilating.  Why, you ask?  I had to stop and think about that one.  It isn't the mortality factor.  I'm not afraid of dying and I've been a firm believer for sometime that there are things in this world far, far worse than death.  It's really not an aging issue.  I still look like I'm 12.  I don't regret my 20's.  I had fun,  I learned a lot, but I wouldn't want to repeat them if given the option right now.  So what in the hell could be causing my freak out??? 

It can all really be explained by how I was looking at it.  I was so overwhelmed with the negatives that I didn't even bother to look at the good stuff.  What a jack ass.  Sure I'm not where I want to be exactly career wise, I don't have a family, blah, blah, blah.  Who give's a fuck?  I have the support to follow my dream, I have the most awesome, loving, supportive Mother in the world, bad ass friends and family, and a sweet apartment that I love with a roommate I can live in complete harmony with.  My life is pretty rad.  And once I said that outloud, my crisis over the big 3-0 has completely diappeared. 

So bring it on, 2011.  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment