Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reflections of Color

I remember asking my Mom what her favorite color was when I was little and she would say, "I don't have a favorite color, I like them all."  My brother and I could not accept that answer and we would make her pick one and then we would tell her what our favorite colors were.  I now know exactly what my Mom was talking about now.  I can't pick.  My favorite color depends on my mood, but I love them all.  I have a preference for black, but more so how it's complete absence of color makes everything pop out in brilliant vibrance.

Red makes me think of blood, flowers, sexy lips, and Raphael (the ninja turtle).  Green reminds me of my Mom (her yard - she has the most amazing talent with plants),  tall trees, Green Man, and monster skin.  Yellow makes me laugh with it's bright loving rays.  I think of daffodils and their awkward grace.  Blue, deep and dark before a storm.  Pink and Orange mix in a Nevada sunset that makes me catch my breath.  Purple, deep and rich and royal.  Brown the thick luxury of earth's soil or the smell of a great cup of coffee.  All of them make me smile and I find it impossible to choose just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment