Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And Extremely Cool, Like New Traditions

They holidays are but days away.  And gone are my days of unpleasant get-togethers that are more work and trouble than their worth.  My family has made new traditions.  One of my BFFs, Clara, always says, "Your friends are your chosen family."  And staying true to those words, I now spend Thanksgiving in Reno with amazing friends.  A Misfit Thanksgiving, if you will (think Island of Misfit Toys but with toys that swear, smoke, and drink a lot). We spend four days laughing our asses off and enjoying the hell out of each other's company.  I look forward to Thanksgiving all year long.  This year is going to be good.  We have David and Kristin, our gracious hosts (and by gracious, I mean told at gun point that they were going to once again be hosting this amazing holiday), my Mum, my bro, my roomie Kim, and sass expert, Emily. Any more awesome packed into one house, and I'm sure the world would implode.  So here's hoping your holidays are going to be as bad ass as mine (don't break your back here.  Truth is you should start small.  Shoot for an iota of how awesome my holiday is and then keep building momentum from there.  Maybe bring your favorite pet this year or cut the sleeves off of that sweater your mom knitted for you to wear to appear at an optimum bad ass level. Things can only get better from there).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment